Our teacher is Miss Baker and Mrs Collins is our teaching assistant.
Throughout the year we cover a range of topics making learning fun, stimulating and exciting. We aim to promote children’s independence and develop a thirst for knowledge.
Our PE days are Monday and Thursday. Please ensure your PE kit is in school and we will return them during the half term break for a wash. Please remember to put labels in all your children’s clothes including socks and shoes. Please avoid wearing earrings on PE days and tie back long hair.
Rewards and Certificates
Across the school we use ‘Class Dojos’ where children can be awarded ‘dojo points’ for working hard and trying their best in school, completing reading at home, demonstrating excellent behaviour etc. There are badges that can be gained as children ‘collect’ points.
‘Headteacher Awards’ are used to encourage children to work at their best and can be awarded at any time during the school day.
Golden Awards are awarded weekly in our ‘Celebration Assembly’ on a Friday, with each class nominating two children to receive an award. We also award our ‘Old Heath Heart Award’; there is an award for Early Years & Key Stage 1 and one for Key Stage 2.
What can parents do?
It is important that we work together to get the best out of your child. If we work as a team, we can ensure that your child receives the best education they deserve. If you ever have any questions or queries please come and talk to us! No questions or query is too small or silly
How to help your child at home:
- Enjoy books with your child, asking them lots of questions about what has happened in the story. Encourage them to use examples from the story to justify their explanations.
- Encourage your child to use the letter joins in their handwriting as they have been taught.
- Help them to practise their spellings every week.
- Help them to practise their times tables every week (2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 8x & 10)
- Maths games: use money, including change; read the time on analogue and digital clocks, including the 24hr clock.