On behalf of the children, parents, staff and governors, I would like to welcome you to Old Heath Community Primary School and to our website. Our school is located on the outskirts of Colchester town centre at the junction of Old Heath and Abbots Road (CO2 8DD).
Welcome back everyone for Part 2 of the Spring Term! I hope you all had a fantastic half term and enjoyed the amazing ‘unFebruary’ like weather! I hope the Y4 Kingswood Crew have had a good rest after their very full on weekend at Kingswood West Runton (8th-10th February) ~ ‘Are you ready?’ … ‘We were born ready!’ Thank you to all those parents and children who have expressed their thanks to Mrs Russell, Mrs White; who gave their weekend in the pursuit of all things high ropes, crate stack timber, pedal to the metal go karting and ‘We shoot like Robin Hood …. TWANG’. Photos to follow on website.
We have several ‘things on the go’ this half term!
- Thursday 7th March 2019 is World Book Day. In our first assembly back the children have decided that our theme will be any character from a book ~ so lots of scope for elements of non fiction as well as fiction and still gives room for super heroes/heroines and all the fairy tale (Disney) princesses and might even squeeze the usual footballer/football kit into the equation!! All children should receive their World Book Day voucher on the day too!
- Friday 15th March 2019 is Red Nose Day. After a run of several big days of events for Pudsey Bear Day, Red Nose Day and Sport Relief (a whole ‘week full’ last year!) this year we will just be holding a ‘low key’ dress up/non uniform type of day! By a whole school vote the children have chosen the ‘dress rules’ of the day. You can choose from PJs, nighties, onesies plus slippers, wigs or crazy hair (sprayed red if you like and if your parents agree!), normal non uniform clothes but NO RED (our uniform is red and we wear it every day!) (sorry about red football strips!) and of course an official Red Nose or even a face painted one if you would like! Some of the children would like to be able to buy Red Noses so I will organise to sell some from buying up at Sainbury’s! I will let you know when they are available in school.
- We are enjoying our new Outdoor Gym. Our Y6s are training up as ‘instructors’ and so far our Early Years Class have had the first whole class session with the Y6 team, KS1 Sports Club had a sneaky go at Sports Club just before half term and Y4/5 have had a lunchtime session with the Y6 team on our first day back! I will upload some of our photos later this week.
- Early Years ‘Stay & Play’ dates are all set for Fridays ~ 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th March
- Parents Evenings for all the children are being held on Wednesday 27th February and Wednesday 6th March. Please ensure you have booked your time slot, lists are up on the classroom doors.
Updated Diary Dates List (March 2019) is here
Current Newsletter is here. Monday Messenger 25th February 2019
The basic dates for term starts, holidays and Non Pupil Days is here. This flyer went out originally on Monday 25th June via Parentmail.