During half term five children from Y3, with the support of their parents, decided to raise money for the NHS by having a bake-a-thon. They had to bake 500 cakes or slices of cake or biscuits to achieve sponsorship and they managed to raise £155 and counting as donations are still coming in. Once the cakes were baked they delivered them round to old people’s homes and homeless shelters and local shops to key workers! They also very kindly delivered one large and very yummy cake to the school staff. Superb effort ~ well done all of you!
On behalf of the children, parents, staff and governors, I would like to welcome you to Old Heath Community Primary School and to our website. Our school is located on the outskirts of Colchester town centre at the junction of Old Heath and Abbots Road (CO2 8DD).
Please visit our dedicated GDPR page for further Privacy Notices & Policies, under the ‘Information’ tab!
|Parents Information Part 1||Parents Information Part 2||Letter from ECC re Lateral Flow Tests||Gov.uk Info on Childcare Bubbles||Gov.uk Info on Support Bubbles|
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic we are operating the following systems to ensure the health, safety and well being of our community
- Each class and staff are their own bubble, we are not mixing class groups at all
- Staggered play times and lunchtimes, with timetabled separate spaces
- School staff are cleaning surfaces in the toilet areas after each class visit to the toilets
- Over a two hour lunch time, we have extra cleaning staff cleaning classrooms, corridors, doors, toilets etc
- At lunch time children are sitting in their class groups, not mixing with other classes in the hall and all tables are wiped and anti bac sprayed between sittings.
- Parents are requested to wear masks entering school grounds and to keep 2m distance. Any childcare arrangements should just be within one childcare bubble and not across a variety of families.
We are also requesting that parents pick up their child from school as quickly as possible when they are notified that their child is showing one of the three symptoms of Covid-19 as specified by the Government / NHS;
- high temperature
- new persistent cough
- loss of taste and smell
Amanda Mitchelson, Headteacher